Photo Source: Steve Johnson, Nuno Campos | Pexels
We can go through an inspection process.
Household items that are newer, less worn, and structurally safe are mostly considered for donation, sale, or recycling. We should keep in mind that the living environment in Hong Kong is relatively narrow, and the chances of successfully donating large-scale furniture are very small.
The function is not hindered, and any household items that can be used normally can be considered for donation, sale or recycling. However, if the newly purchased furniture was assembled on site, it may be damaged during the disassembly process, resulting in failure to reassemble and reuse. Compared with furniture that can be transported as a whole, the opportunity to be reused is relatively large.
General built-in, custom-made cabinets, custom designs, non-standard sizes, old, damaged, heavily stained or faded furniture will not be recycled. Also, worn and damaged household items are not suitable for donation; we don't give broken items to friends, and by the same token, we don't donate broken items.
It is generally believed that furniture donation, transfer or sale requires a lot of patience and time to match and coordinate shipping. As long as we know more about the types and requirements of furniture recycling companies, the chances of successful recycling can be greatly improved.
Remember, different recycling companies in the market have its own standards. Some companies specialize in office recycling, while others specialize in home furniture recycling.
When you decide to recycle the item, you can contact the relevant recycling company for the collection. Before contacting, it's crucial to prepare some basic information:
1) Photos of furniture or household items to show the style, model and size;
3) Whether there are parking lot and staircases in the recycling area (if there are staircases, it is better to provide the number of steps);
The above information is very important, because when the recycling company comes to the door and only finds that the actual quality or quantity of the furniture is different from the description earlier, or the location information is different, the recycling company may charge additional fees for this. Some recycling companies will refuse to recycle, and then charge for transportation and labor costs. Therefore, prior communication is very important.
Photo Source: Curtis Adams | Pexels
I want to discover more:
- Want to donate your furniture to those in need? Here are a few related charities.
>> Donating furniture can happify our lives
- Thinking of trying to resell your furniture? There are many platforms for buying and selling second-hand furniture in the market.
>> Use only your favorite items and second hand furniture
- Want to know IKEA's information on environmental protection and good use of the earth's resources?
>> IKEA: We’re creating positive changes
- Have you ever thought about injecting new life into the furniture in front of you?
>>The romance of IKEA Hack
- Planning to change to new furniture? Learn about the process for selling second-hand furniture.
>> Soulmates for your furniture?
- Don't want to mess up and have a headache dealing with old furniture
>>The correct way to dispose of old furniture
- If you are buying new furniture, can the family shop give you an extra step?
>>Furniture take-back removal service
- Looking for a furniture recycling company?
>>Finding furniture recycling company for dummies
Last update: 2022/10/28
Your knowledge matters, share with us