Aesop's recycling program is very simple. We only need to clean the Aesop containers, without even removing the labels, and then take them to any Aesop concept store or department store counter in Hong Kong. Aesop will wash the aluminum tube packaging after recycling. Currently, Aesop accepts two types of plastic packaging materials: PET with the recycling code of 1 or PP with the recycling code of 5, following the international resource recycling system. Before recycling, please check the labels on the containers.
Friends who have visited Aesop stores may remember the irregular small particles on the concrete display cabinets. They are actually made from 100% recycled glass bottles, fully demonstrating the brand's minimalist and sustainable spirit.
Kiehl's offers a bottle recycling service for members of their rewards program. Members can earn points for their empty Kiehl's containers by bringing them to Kiehl's stores or counters and redeeming them for gifts. Additionally, Kiehl's encourages members to bring their own shopping bags, which can also earn them points.
（Image and information source：https://www.aesop.com/hk/en/r/aesop-warringah/）
L'Oreal Hong Kong has partnered with Watsons to launch the "Beauty for a Better World" recycling program. We can bring our cleaned and empty beauty product containers to around 170 Watsons stores across Hong Kong, or to over 100 L'Oreal Hong Kong brand stores and counters participating in the bottle recycling program.
（Image and information source：https://www.loreal.com/zh-hk/hong-kong-sar/news/commitments/the-beauty-of-recycling/）
In addition to the brands mentioned above, many beauty brands in the market have launched their own bottle recycling programs, such as Innisfree, L'Occitane, M.A.C., Melvita, The Body Shop, and more. Let's discover together the brands that support environmental protection and make the Earth and ourselves more beautiful.
I want to discover more:
- Proper methods for cleaning and discarding cosmetics
>> Discarding Unnecessary Cosmetic Products Through the Practice of Minimalism
- Reduce plastic use in our daily lives to decrease the amount of plastic waste that ends up entangling our oceans
>> From Plastic Waste to "Ocean Plastic": How Can We Respond?
- Even if it can’t be used on the skin, it can still be put to good use on objects.
>>What should I do with expired cosmetics at home?
- Maximize the benefits of fragmented time and quickly understand the choices of eco-refill packaging on the market.
>> The Evolution of Cosmetic Eco-Refill Packaging
- In addition to recycling, creating unique handmade items for daily use can also serve as a reminder of our own uniqueness!
>>Homemade Candles, Planters, and Lip Balm: Creative Uses for Your Empty Makeup
- With so many different types of materials used in cosmetics packaging, how can we properly sort and recycle them?
>>Embrace Sustainable Beauty: Love the Earth and Enhance Your Beauty
Last update: 2023/07/01
Your knowledge matters, share with us